Many people may still be uninformed about the extent to which pistachios benefit us. They’re are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants and various nutrients, including vitamin B6 and potassium. And besides being delicious and fun to eat, their health benefits may further include a healthier gut, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, in addition to promoting weight loss and eye and blood vessel health.
Although we may be increasingly invested in our health plans for our diets, we can all agree that our love for chocolate never decreases an ounce. In an effort to stay healthy but eat yummy, our plan was to combine the two things we love the most; heart healthy nuts, and delicious melted chocolate. The outcome? That’s an experience you must try out yourself!
Here’s the plan to help you out!
- 1 1/4 cups dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 315 gms white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pistachio nuts
- Add all ingredients to list
- 340 gms vanilla-flavored candy
- In a small glass bowl, microwave cherries with water on high for 2 minutes; drain, and set aside.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and candy coating together until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in cherries and chopped pistachios, and spread into a wax paper-lined 15×10 inch pan. Chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares, and enjoy. Store unused portion in an air-tight container.
Don’t be afraid to try this recipe out with other nuts of your liking, and even bits of dark chocolate if you feel like indulging! And before you know it, your mid-day snack, or light after-meal dessert is ready to go!